Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So I was asked my opinion about the Second Amendement

Here is my reply.

Being a military retiree and spending 24 years in the Infantry I have had my experience with weapons. I have a Concealed Carry Permit and I do carry about 95% of the time.

The argument of the Second Amendment has been an ongoing discussion for years. Sadly the majority of the people do not really know what the Second Amendment Right is.

The true interpretation of the Amendment does not give every citizen of this country the right to bear arms.

The argued excerpt: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The intent of the Amendment was to give citizens, farmers and home owners the right to bear arms to protect their properties and families against aggression.

So the NRA's (of which I am a member) argument that everyone should have the right to bear arms is a moot point with me.

Yep, I'd be pissed if the Government came in and told me I could no longer own a gun, and yep, I'd be illegal because I will not give up my guns. Period!

I feel if they stop all gun sales and take away every one's right to own and bear arms, the only folks that will have guns will be the criminals and we surely have enough of that problem now.

The argument from the righteous people that say guns kill, haven't a friggin clue. Hell cars kill as well. However, if I leave my gun in a safe locked up it isn't going to kill anyone by itself. It will need a mechanism to squeeze the trigger to make it go bang.

So why don't people that have lost family members due to a drunk driver behind the wheel not sued or condemned the car manufacturer involved? Well simply, because it's a stupid thought. The car did not kill anyone. The car was the projectile that the drunk driver used to kill someone.

I think it is just so very hard to blame an inanimate object of a crime!

Do I support the Second Amendment? You betcha, I gave 24 years of my life for that right. It would be nice if everyone really knew what that right was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment